Monday, July 30, 2012

Working Group Trial - Cedar

What can I say, Cedar is awesome and I can really mess up some of the time, grr, need to get my act together, if Cedar decides to be fast I go to pieces , so what the heck is going to happen when I run Zola one day and she is a whole lot faster.

Cedar and I did come away with a Double Q on Saturday but I felt like I was barely keeping it together on both of the runs, no handling mistakes I don't think, but a little faster than I expected.

On Sunday the wheels fell off, great runs by Cedar except for the one missed weave entry on the Standard course which I am not taking credit for, she is an advanced level dog so I really shouldn't have to be babysitting the weave entry.

The jumpers course was a mess, she was going way to fast for any of my plans, I recovered in 2 spots but by the 3rd place where she was going to fast my brain gave in and I couldn't improvise any more. My bad, learnt my lesson, should have just done rear crosses that whole course and we would have been fine.

Zola got to do the practice jump both days and practiced being measured. Hopefully she is used to Soccer Blast now. I think she is. ;-). Starting to get very excited and scared about running a much faster dog at a trial. Not sure how the border collie or sheltie people do it, it must be a total rush for them every time they do a run .... And Zola isn't nearly as fast and she gives me an adrenaline rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment